Twitter Updates

June 09, 2004

I am sick of Reagan

I totally understand the importance of former US president Ronald Reagan in the development of major world changes. I am barely old enough to remember his days in the White House, and have to agree that the guy had charm and was "the great communicator". I am sorry he had to die and even more due to Parkinson disease.

But here in the US for almost 4 days now everything has to do with Reagan, every news talk show, news program and even sport broadcast has to do with Reagan's death. It seems like the world stopped, like Iraq never existed and that all the problems and issues just went away.

The worst part is that is going to be this way at least until Friday when he will be finally buried after his post mortem US coast to coast tour.

My respects to Mr. Reagan, have nothing against him, but a whole week dedicated to his death in all media is too much for my taste.

Anyway I just helped to raise the awareness of his death with this post, so I guess here are my two cents...

No comments: