Twitter Updates

June 14, 2004

No Eurocup in the US

It is painfull not to be able to see any of the Eurocup 2004 soccer matches here in the US. Not a single game so far. I had to rely on TVE (Official Spanish TV) to see highlights from the the matches.

I think the Europcup is the second best soccer tournament after the actual world cup, so why american networks or cable channels did not bother to buy rights to the games?. Not even Telemundo or Univision cared to even broadcast a match.

I heard that in california you can actually see it on PPV (pay per view), costing $15 per game.... nice uh?

Here is my conspiracy theory....I guess the MLS is hoping that the Europcup would not take viewers from their struggling season, and managed to lobby sportscasters not to broadcast the european socces fest.

So if you know a way to actually see a match here in the US, PLEASE write a comment and tell me what to do.

No comments: