Twitter Updates

August 17, 2004

The Rise and Fall of Hope

The thing that gets me the most is the fact that Chavez was able to maintain acceptance levels in Venezuela above 35% before going into the Referedum. That simple thing help raise the doubts that a fraud ever existed. I know the fraud did happened, that I know for sure.

I see it very difficult that in the next election (2006) a person can defeat Hugo Chavez. If with an election of a YES or a NO the opposition was not able to prevent a flagrant abuse of power and manipulation of the voting machines and win straight and square, how they will do it with a candidate that is exposed to direct attacks from the government?

As of today I do not see a leader that can challenge Mr. Chavez's charisma and charm with the popular masses. I know that person exist, and is somewhere in Venezuela right know, his turn to be in the spotlight is yet to be seen.

This is by any account the 1st. public thing that Chavez manages that actually works, a high tech coup d'etat.

No comments: